Thursday, January 2, 2020

Does anyone else experience jealousy from their parents because of weight loss?

Hi, this is a problem that has recently come up in my life. I'm about halfway through my weight loss and up until this entire time my stepmother has been pretty supportive of me and saying how proud she was. Until the day I weighed less than her that is. When I told her I got below 140 she got this kinda annoyed look on her face and told me I should stop losing and that I look perfect now. I kinda shrugged it off and didnt think much of it.

But now everytime she (and my dad and brother too tbh) bring my weightloss they always say that I'm fine the way I am and I shouldn't lose any more weight. I've tried telling them that I'm just barely at a normal weight and 110 (my goal) is the ideal weight for my height. They insist that I'm being obsessive and that I'll turn into a stick.

Today especially it was bad. My stepmom started yelling at me and saying that I have low confidence and body issues (and I admit I have a few but its not like I have an eating disorder or anything and my issues are with me being fat) and saying that she must be fat if I still want to lose more weight.

Anyway at this point I'm just frustrated and hurt and wondering if anyone else has gone through a parent being jealous about your weightloss? Some advice would really be helpful here. Thanks.

submitted by /u/mamaguebo69
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37un2Gl

No comments:

Post a Comment