Thursday, January 2, 2020

I am refereeing my friends' weight loss contest. How to help my friends?

My two bff's are kings of trash talk and bet on EVERYTHING under the sun and now they wanna see which one of them can lose the most weight. Both are men, under age 40, physically active (walking, climbing stairs, etc) but carry about 100# extra weight each. Contest runs from now till July 1st, with monthly weigh-ins. Money is on the line, but so is bragging rights.

I did a hedge: I'm not a participant, but I put $100 into their pot. If neither of them loses at least 10#, I get the whole pot, otherwise, my $100 goes to whoever wins. I don't really want to win, I just wanted to motivate them and keep them from flaking out.

Question is, what else can I do to help? IDK if getting more people on the hedge side will be motivating (more $$) or demotivating (people betting that you will fail). Should I just step back and see what happens? Is six months too long a time, should we have done this as a monthly contest instead? Has anybody ever done something like this, and how did it go?

submitted by /u/z12top
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MTaQau

No comments:

Post a Comment