Thursday, January 2, 2020

2020 is the year I will take things slow and steady to succeed for my health!

So I have been trying to lose weight since the age of 13 so I was in the 8th grade.

During my try I would lose weight and gain it back.

The thing was I would starve myself and binge eat bad.

I have always had a bad relationship with food since I was 5.

But became more aware of it when I started my weight loss journey.

I did mention to my family that i think i have a eating disorder but they just told me to learn how to fix it.

It felt like they wasn't concern so I stop being concern about it.

I put it in the back of my mind and stop my weight lost journey for three years.

2012 I was 16 and newly diagnosed with pcos so I decided to go back to weight loss journey.

I started losing weight I went from 359 to 340, 340 to 330 one time to 321 but I would yo-yo weight form 2012-2014.

My mental health was getting worse the pressure of losing weight was to much so I had to put my journey on hold.

(To be honest from middle school though high school I was just losing weight to have the improval of my peers and society I wasn't doing it for my health.)

At 18 I started therapy I learn I had major depressive disorder and severe anxiety disorder.

I saw my therapist for four years but all we talk about was depression I tried to open up with my concern that I think I have an eating disorder and some other problems but she would shoot me down nicely.

She would say "its possible you have a eating disorder I can see it and the other concerns but we're here for depression."

"Bedsides once you handle your depression everything else will follow."

And I just follow what she said.

At 23 I now know she was wrong and wasn't right for me but I am thankful to her because she did help me mature in the mind set and help me improve my relationship with my parents.

My depression went down I wasn't depressed anymore so I decided to get back on it.

But everything would fail I couldn't stay motivated or consistent.

No matter how much I tried I kept making the same mistakes.

But I couldn't see my wrongs.

I thought maybe I couldn't do this alone and I needed a partner to "hold my hand" though this journey.

That I couldn't do this alone.

No matter what I did I had failures after failures and I was pretty hard on myself so I stop.

Every time I hear about weight lost stories I always heard people say they had this desire to change that was so powerful it started the chain reaction to losing weight.

I knew I wanted to change for the better but I didn't have that desire.

Changing myself for the better wasn't a priority.

I felt lost for a long time.

I felt like I was just existing and not living.

But then in July 2019 I had a overwhelming desire for change.

But I was confused with these new found feelings.

And i still didn't do anything for it.

But try to look for answers.

oddly though the desire grew.

December 2019 I had this awaking.

I one day woke up and decided to be brutality honest with myself.

I had to admit to things about myself that hurt but it was my truth.

My weight lost journey didn't work because I wasn't giving it my 100%

Yeah middle school though high school I wasn't educated on nutrition etc...

But at 20 I knew what I needed to do I just didn't do it because I didn't want to.

I was using my mental illness and medical conditions as a clutch on why I can't do this.

I was putting unrealistic goals and pressure on to myself.

I wasn't patient, consistent or motivated.

I was ignoring my unhealthy relationship with food and the ed I know I have.

And I didn't think I could do this alone.

And I was looking for cheat ways.

I also realized I was using my health problems as a punishment for allowing my depression to get so far it rewired how I think and did.

After realizing this I started to fully forgive myself.

I know see my failures as a detour.

I know I can do this by myself but I also know I will need support but I can't expect some one to hold my hand and help me finish the race.

This is my journey alone no one else.

I started working on a small routine on dec 9th to combat my depression instead of waiting to 2020 like I usually do.

And tomorrow I will be getting a eating journal so I can start logging what I eat, how much eat and how my emotions were when I ate.

So 2020 is the year I will work on good habits so I can combat my weight lost and other issues so I can me healthy physically and mentally.

Thanks for reading ❤

submitted by /u/QueenBlackHeart1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37wOLq6

No comments:

Post a Comment