Thursday, January 9, 2020

Eating my previously go-to binge food during my weight loss

I had a rather rough day yesterday at work and left the office around 10.30PM. I usually prepare some low-calories snack like seaweed sheets to eat before sleep (planned), but I ran out of it and proceeded to go buy some at the nearest 7/11. Well, I was suddenly craving sour cream & onion pringles. Was not surprised of this craving because before my weight loss journey started, I used to stress-binge 1 full tub of pringles on top of soda and a chocolate bar after a rough day at work. Throughout my weight loss journey this is the first time I had to work until quite late, so it probably triggered some old habit I had.

In the end I bought the small can, which is about 280 kcal along with a diet soda. It's not a win, but other than less calories overall, instead of finishing them in less than 5 minutes like I used to do, I tried to enjoy it slowly and it took me almost 40 minutes to finish the whole thing while watching youtube. I actually read this advice to appreciate food slowly through this sub and it helped me to curb my cravings with less, so thank you guys for that! This doesn't happen often and I'm not too worried about my progress, but I was struggling with the sense of guilt that was coming up. In the end I decided to be positive and convinced myself this will be a once-in-a-while thing and it's pointless to blame myself for not being perfect. Now that I know how that situation feels like, I am ready to be better the next time I encounter this situation.

Just sharing this for accountability and also to remind myself to never feel guilty for being imperfect. :)

submitted by /u/anonymous_big_nerd
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35xhiKx

No comments:

Post a Comment