Sunday, January 19, 2020

Family keeps trying to sabotage weight loss

I've started losing weight for about two months, and it's going pretty well. I'm fourteen, for reference, and I don't have a license and all the gyms nearby require you to be older than 15 to go, so I just work out at home with some push-ups and burpees and stuff, things that require no equipment but my own body. Eating I've restricted myself to 1,700 calories which is a big stepdown to the I think 2,500 I had been eating per day. I've cut out fast food from my diet and now I wake up extra early to pack myself a lunch instead of buying one at school and I make sure to never bring money so I don't end up falling off the wagon and buying a donut or something.

The good news is, it's working. I've since, after a few speedbumps, dropped 20 lbs. The problem is, my family has started noticing and they don't like it. They always buy my favourite treats (Lays Classic chips, hotdogs, cheese pizza, hot wings, fries) and leave it in the pantry for me, knowing I'll root through it when I get hungry. My parents don't let me leave the house sometimes because they're saying I'm getting an eating disorder and need to stay under their watchful eye.
My parents are kind of uneducated on terms of healthy eating and when I was a kid they really didn't know what was healthy and what wasn't and so I was fed Nesquik cereal, Twinkies, Push Pops, and whatever they saw on TV that looked like it was for little kids.
Now it's made its point and the entire family is pretty much overweight. Not by much, they're all just a tiny bit over what they're supposed to but I'm like way over. Lunches and dinners are horrifically buttered, cheesy, and greasy foods if it's homemade or else we'll probably just have takeout. I've stopped eating that and I started making myself salads out of the few vegetables we have in our house. Once it got wind of them I was losing, my mom told me I was too skinny and forced me to eat the pizza my older sister had ordered that evening. It was a slice of my favourite cheese and I scarfed down the whole thing. It felt terrible.

My older sister's 16 and for the first time in both of our lives, I weigh less than her. She keeps telling me I'm ugly, I'll gain it all back, and whenever I get my big brother (the only person in the family who doesn't undermine me for losing) to buy some veggies, she uses them in heavily fat-saturated stir-fry and I end up just not eating anything. I tell her to stop but she's getting more and more aggressive, and my mom too who keeps trying to sabotage my diet by offering to pack my lunch and then when I open it it's chips and a grilled cheese with Coke. I just shared my best friend's lunch that day.

What can I do? My brother's stopped buying stuff for me because it's a waste and my mom and sister are actively trying to make me gain weight. My stepdad hasn't said anything about it, he hasn't complimented or insulted me, he just keeps quiet but he always takes my mom's side in everything so I know I don't have help in him.

submitted by /u/MassiveThanks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2G3AF3B

No comments:

Post a Comment