Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Gaining weight on a carb cycling deficit

So I started my weight loss journey at 225lbs on Jan 6th using a carb cycling approach based on days of research.

TDEE: 2500 Caloric Intake: 1700 56g fat on low and med, 30g on high 50g carb on low days, 90g on med and 275g on high 250g protien on low and med, 175 on high

Working split starting Monday: Push > Pull > Light Cardio or Rest > Push > Legs > Pull > Heavy Cardio

I dropped down to 213lbs in 2 weeks (Friday 17th). But this week I've steadily gained despite making no changes to the diet except eating slightly less. Weighed in today at 215lbs and I was losing about 1lb a day before.

Is this normal? I think it maybe be a small gain in muscle given I haven't worked out properly in over 8 months. Or is my body just holding onto water harder because I do drink close to 5L of water a day.

Appreciate any insights!

submitted by /u/starrrynigt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38sSfKC

No comments:

Post a Comment