Thursday, January 23, 2020

Has anyone else learned to not look at the scale so much?

I’ve been purposefully trying to get fitter and lose weight since September 19’. It’s been going really well, and since starting at 87kgs I now weigh in at 74kgs. I look better, I feel better, I have more muscle tone and I have even noticed that my stomach has slowly been reducing it’s ‘pouch’.

Here’s the thing though, as I’ve lost more weight, the rate of loss has been getting slower and slower. I knew from other people’s posts to expect that ‘leveling out’ or plateau. But it still didn’t really prepare me for the emotional frustration of not seeing my weight on the scale go down as quickly as it had before. I was doing the same healthy meal preps and more exercise than what I was at the beginning, and still not seeing a difference.

So eventually, I just stopped looking at the scale so much. I used to weigh myself every morning, and now I do it about once every two weeks. I’ve learned that as I work out more, it is probably just me gaining muscle that I didn’t have before. It doesn’t mean that I am not still slowly losing fat. I used to have all of my progress tied up with the numbers and I have learned to transition away from that. Now, instead, I focus on the new shape of my body, how I can see my collarbones more clearly, my thinner face, ect. I found using the markers in the mirror a more valuable positive motivation to use when the numbers on the scale slowed down.

My next weight target is still to hit 70kgs, but it’s okay if I take longer to get there. I would love to hear your stories of dealing with the slowing down of weight loss if you care to share :)

submitted by /u/mainsailor
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36l4tUa

No comments:

Post a Comment