Thursday, January 23, 2020

Preparing for maintenance / Questions for maintainers

If I can keep up my current lifestyle, I will reach my fat loss goal sometime in March. I'm super happy I am able to do this, even if it is only losing about 10kg. (It's the first time I am losing fat ever) So, I'm kind of anxious about going into maintenance. I really don't want to re-gain the fat, but maintenance after weight loss is a new situation for me. I guess I have to keep up some of my new habits to make it permanent.

In detail, there are three things I'm currently thinking about:

1. How many calories will I really need to eat to maintain? Do you calculate even after losing?

I know about TDEE calculators, but there are days I'm staying inside all day and days I'm moving a lot, and that changes a lot. Before I started my journey, I never thought about eating less when I'm being less active (which is probably how I gained the fat in the first place). So, maintainers, how do you do it? Do you still track your calories and change the daily goal depending on your level of activity?

2. How to switch from 1200 to 1800+ calories a day?

I am so used to my 1200 calories that I will probably have problems going up from that. ^^; I fear that I will gain weight again as soon as I'm eating so much more. Does it make sense to increase the calories slowly? Like in 200 calorie steps, first 1400, then 1600, etc? I admit, I haven't thought about that yet.

3. Which foods to increase the calories?

I'm really wondering how to get to my maintenance calories, since I'm currently satisfied and rarely hungry even at 1200. What can I change about my cooking routines to increase the calories? Maybe go up in protein (like eating more beans)? Because I really don't want to fill the remaining calories with junk. What did you change about your eating habits?

I know I can get a lot of info about that online, but it's not that urgent yet and I would just love to hear about some of your own experiences as well. What has worked for you? :)

submitted by /u/coco-nuts-journey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Rl5OWF

No comments:

Post a Comment