Thursday, January 9, 2020

Hello!

I didn't know this sub existed! I'd like to introduce myself and tell my story if that's cool.

I'm Annabelle (not my real name, but feel free to call me that on the net) I'm 23, the heaviest I've been is 249lbs. I was diagnosed with Scoliosis at 22 years old, PCOS this last year as well as GERD. I was in constant pain, my back, my legs. All of my health issues...a lot of them were contributed to by my weight. I went and saw an Endocrinologist about my PCOS and she did blood work/insulin work on me to check my insulin levels and I have high insulin levels *and* I am insulin resistant (a lot of it is due to my PCOS). I've tried to lose weight in the past and it never worked, but with my doctor telling me basically if I don't change my eating habits, and my exercise habits, I'll become diabetic....really woke me up. I was always worried about getting "too big" also. I mean I get winded just going up the stairs. I keep going up a dress size each year. My parents aren't happy with my weight, either, but honestly I'm doing this for me. I'm 23, and I need to undo this damage before it becomes too permanent....

I did some research and found the Slimfast Diabetic Weight Loss Plan, which is exactly what I needed. I can't do Keto because of my GERD since they emphasize high fat, that and cholestorol make me VERY ill. It would essentially kill me.

I asked my Endo about the Slimfast plan and she approved me for it. I've been starting slow so far. We have a lot of unhealthy food in the house we were gonna burn thru first, while slowly incorporating more healthy stuff. My fiance also ended up finding a puppy, and bringing her home and we've had her a little over a week - there's a point to this tidbit I'll get to soon.

With the Slimfast plan, you're suppose to do two of their things a day, but so far I've just done one (it's a shake or a meal bar then a meal <500 cal and like two snacks?) I've been doing two meals, trying to be <500cal, and was told I need to do snacks to increase my protein levels also after an ER trip last night due to not eating enough...oops? (I have a bad habit of eating when I'm bored and I really would like to lose this weight, so I was a bit worried. this is another reason I wanted a slow start).

I also got some low carb cookbooks cause that's mainly what I'm aiming for. Low carb, low cal, low-no sugar.

When I began increasing my water intake, I noticed my legs weren't hurting as much anymore. My back still does, and will because of my Scoliosis, just not as bad.

My new scale finally came in the mail, it's a nice one so I've finally been able to weigh myself.

Moving onto the puppy part - because my fiance works and I am a student and am home all day, I'm the one who mainly takes her out. We live in an apt so there's no doggy door and she's a puppy so she's a handful. Very active. VERY. I think she was put in my life to help me get up and move around more.

I started out my diet at 249lbs.

I'm currently, as of this morning, 1/9/20 237.1lbs. And I couldn't be more happy with my progress.

Edited to add: My current goal weight is 210/215. I wanted to be more realistic for **myself** with my goal. As I lose weight, my goal will continue to go down. (I am 5'4" and my BMI WAS 42.2 and is now 41 I believe).

I feel like I have so much more energy, I feel like actually going out, walking, exercising, taking the dog for walks, etc. It's also helping my mental health (I suffer from mental illness).

I'm glad I found this sub, Slimfast has FB groups also but I feel like the more encouragement I get the better!

ALSO, can anyone point me in the direction of healthier low carb muffin or bread mixes because I'm currently making my grocery list...? And is natural grocers a good place to shop if you're trying to lose weight? I need HELP. LOL

submitted by /u/x_Annabelle_x
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NeIEPn

No comments:

Post a Comment