Thursday, January 9, 2020

Required annual physical examination at work last year told me I'm at 360lbs (my heaviest in 31 yrs of existence). Decided to do something about it..

Hi guys! I'm a long time lurker here, and have been sweeping my weight issues under the rug for almost 3yrs. I made a lot of excuses to justify that I was stressed enough that I can't handle the additional stress of losing weight. I was the lone breadwinner in our family, and my Mom has undergone a spinal column operation last yr, adding to the financial burdens. So I was thinking that this weight loss plan can wait..

..Until last October 2019 at our work-requured AP exam did I receive my biggest slap in the face. I WAS WAY ABOVE 300lbs. No wonder my feet always hurt during the night when I got home from work. No wonder my clothes and pants are almost bursting at the seams. TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, I was diagnosed with diabetes 1 week after.

I was on the chubby side all my life, but my Mom and friends told me all the time that I "carried the weight very well" and I didn't have any of the typical "fat person illnesses". But after reading all the complications of diabetes, I was heavily mortified and decided to do something about it.

I started limiting my food on November 1st week, and slowly transitioned to removing all major carb sources on my diet. By the 2nd week of December, I'm not eating any bread, rice, pasta, and sweets. I was so happy because I never thought I could lose weight, and in this rate! Clothes started to fit much better, and my feet do not hurt now (small slice of heaven) and most importantly, I do not run out of breath after a couple of set of stairs.

I am thinking of adding exercise now to my regimen, but I'm afraid of messing up my knees. On what weight should I start exercising? And can exercise also help prevent loose skin?

Huge shoutout to those who share they own journeys, they served as my motivation pills during this run. Everytime I feel that I was on the verge of binge eating, I just fire up reddit and head to this sub to remind myself why I started this journey.

submitted by /u/mysticshot04
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QFkMGU

No comments:

Post a Comment