Friday, January 3, 2020

Lost 112kg in 14 months. Pics inside.

Hey all and happy new year. Cheers to a new year and hopefully a new you. A few of my friends told me that some of you would be interested in my weight loss journey. So here I am, hopefully what I share will help some of you on your journey to accomplishing your weight loss goals.

I started off my journey weighing in at an astounding 187 kilograms (412 Pounds) and ended it at 75 kilograms (165 Pounds). This journey took me 14 months to accomplish (May 2018 to July 2019). My current weight as of 03 01 2020 is 72.2 kilograms (159 Pounds).

I wish I could tell you that all I had to do was take some magic pill or do some short exercise for a few minutes a day in order to achieve my goals. All it took was coming up with a proper diet and exercise regimen by myself that I could live with for the duration of the weight loss journey.

I wanted to lose weight as fast as possible, so I cut myself down to only 500kcal a day in food whilst doing 2 hours of cardio exercise a day. I calculated that I would lose around 8 to 9 kilograms a month for 14 months and that would put me at 75kg which is my ideal weight. Where I am neither too chubby nor too skinny.

With my regiment and diet in place I set off. In the beginning it was especially difficult, I was not able to cycle for 2 hours straight. I began with trying to cycle for 45 minutes and week by week I added 5 to 10 minutes per session till I hit my goal of 2 hours. Upon reaching 2 hours of steady cycling I periodically increased the tempo of the exercise by peddling faster or increasing the brake tension setting.

The diet portion came surprisingly easy for me despite the drastic changes made. I basically filled up 500kcal of food with items that were high in volume but low in calories. Lots of vegetables essentially

I kept up this diet and exercise regimen for 14 months straight and as you can see by the before and after picture, I accomplished my goal 😊

I didn’t see July as the end of my journey but the beginning of a new one. With such a drastic cut to my daily intake, I had to reverse diet myself up to 2000kcal daily by slowly adding 150kcal a day per week.

Once I hit 2000kcal per day, I decided that I was too skinny and changed up my exercise regimen from cardio to resistance training (weights). I now do about 1 hour 30 mins of weights 6 times a week and 2 hours of cardio on the 7th day as I want to maintain my level of cardiovascular fitness for my new goal for 2020 which is to climb Mount Rinjani and Mount Kinabalu.

How did I get started? I looked in the mirror and thought to myself, is this who I really want to be for the rest of my life? In 8 months will I look back on this day and regret not starting here and now? I was sick and tired of hating how I looked and who I was, therefore then and there I decided to make the change. I decided to give myself that chance to be who I envisioned myself to be. I decided to love myself enough to try for a healthier future for myself.

Well, that’s about it. I’ll be glad to answer as many questions as possible in the comments section. I hope that my story helps some of you in starting and completing your personal journey. As cliché as it sounds, it’s not a sprint it’s a marathon and the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Most importantly, along your journey there will be voices whispering terrible lies encouraging you to cheat on your diet or to take an extra day of rest from your exercise regiment, maybe even that you aren’t good enough and will never accomplish your goal. Ignore the lies, fight the lies, kill the liar. Take charge of your life. Seize control, fight the battle against yourself, emerge victorious and embrace the new you that you’ve worked hard to create.

Have a great new year! You've got this!

https://imgur.com/a/yuhQCtY

submitted by /u/Oehtato
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QkRVaC

No comments:

Post a Comment