Thursday, January 16, 2020

My (24F) success story

I have achieved something that I never thought I could. About 2 years ago, my weight was somewhere in the 225-230 range, clinically in the obese category for my height of 5’8.

I was overeating—frequently eating multiple large meals a day, boredom snacking, and an addiction to sugar. Then, I began my weight loss journey after being told that I was prediabetic. Since I have a family history of diabetes and high blood pressure, I would be that much more likely to develop these issues.

I began cutting my calorie intake as well as a little bit of moderate exercise, but 95% of it came from cutting my food portions. There were times that I exercised when I was obese, but I was still consuming too many calories which caused me to continue gaining.

Since cutting my food intake, I had lost about 40-45 pounds and have successfully maintained it since then. My normal weight these days usually hovers somewhere between 180 and 185. While it is nothing drastic like losing 100+ pounds, it is still a goal that I have achieved and maintained for a little bit over a year.

The secret is not necessarily changing what you eat, but how much you eat.

submitted by /u/KrisspyKremeThomas95
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2svFhfJ

No comments:

Post a Comment