Friday, January 3, 2020

Need help for what feels like an endless cycle

I’m embarrassed to be writing this but I have to tell someone (or someones). Between August 2018 and June 2019, I lost 60 pounds. I went from 220lbs to 149lbs (I’m a 5’4 F, 24y/o), I was the lowest I had ever been and in the best shape of my life, I looked amazing and still hated myself. I lost the weight and got fit because from mid-June, I started one year of backpacking the world, with the date my flight left being the date I hit my goal weight of 150.

It’s now January 3rd, 2020 and I’m ashamed to admit I weigh in at 194lbs. In September I was 169 and have somehow managed to put on 25 pounds since then and 45 pounds overall. I feel like a failure! And on top of that, I’m furious at myself for gaining again and losing my body and fitness. I’m angry and scared of failing again.

My birthday is July 8th (I turn 25!) and I’m setting the goal of hitting the same physical shape and weight I had last June by my birthday, with the hope of continuing weight loss until 2021 (hoping to hit 130 by then and do a pull-up). I’m on the road until May so I know the next few months aren’t going to be easy but any and all motivation/advice/commiseration would be welcome. Sad and feeling lost and angry but trying to stay committed.

submitted by /u/longtimenotgoodtime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39zNiB3

No comments:

Post a Comment