Sunday, January 5, 2020

NSV: Belt and buttons

As I was putting on my suit this morning three marvellous things happened that have not happened in a long time: my suit coat buttoned easily, as did the top button of my shirt, and I needed to move my belt to the next hole!

I’ve been on the weight loss train for a bit now, and over the past month I’ve been putting extra focus and effort into it. Sometimes the scale reflects my work and sometimes it doesn’t, but my clothes made me feel real good today.

Trusting just the scale is a tricky thing for my confidence. I’ve been told to weigh myself only once a week, but with the scale right there in front of my shower that seldom happens. Even though I “know” that weight loss isn’t linear and there’s water retention and a whole lot of other stuff, it still hurts when I see the rises along with the falls.

Nevertheless, I’ve chosen to trust the system and stick to it. I eat fewer calories than I burn. I exercise regularly. I’m trying to eat more and more plants and plant-based foods and less of the junk. I still slip up once in a while, but I’m not gonna let go of my vision. I can be healthy and active today. And tomorrow I’ll say and do the same thing, and keep going until my goal is reached.

And then, at the finish line, when health and fitness have become a habit and a lifestyle, I will hold my head high, and partake in a glorious cheat meal that will make Dwayne Johnson lose his breath in sheer awe and wonder.

submitted by /u/mikeaberdeen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sHauNk

No comments:

Post a Comment