Sunday, January 5, 2020

NSV: Seriously ran for the first time in 5 years!

30F- 5'10"- SW: 253 - CW: 211 - GW:180

Just wanted to share my NSV for those of you that might be struggling, and show how weightloss can affect other areas too. Some details are vague, because I don't like giving too much personal information on here.

8 years ago I started running. I was terrible at it, but I kept pushing through. I eventually got down to averaging a 14:30 miles with my fastest being a 12:50. I did some 5Ks for fun, but enjoyed running as a hobby. I had another sport as a hobby that I won't list here to keep privacy,but I ended up breaking my wrist. I healed and moved on, but doing the same sport I ended up breaking my other wrist and having some other serious injuries. That ended my dealing with that sport though I miss it, and may or may not be related to my user name.

I immediately began gaining weight. Then I moved to another area. Tried to start running again, but was discouraged by my slow times. Then I got pregnant, had my child, and before you know it, I gained 70lbs. This summer I finally had had enough, and saw my doctor. I'm on a low calorie diet and see my doctor every 2 weeks, but basically do a high protein keto.

One of my goals was to run again. I finally got the go ahead from my doctor, and tonight I tried it. I was nervous because it's been 5 years (though the previous attempt was 3.5 years ago), and I don't have the latest tech. Only my phone and headphones. I was only going to do 1 mile, for my first time. Y'all. I ran a 14:37 mile. I don't know how it happened, but I remember while running that I didn't feel as much pain, and it felt easy. I though for sure it would be a 17 minute mile or even 18 minute because I was holding back because I'm worried about injuries. I don't know if it's the diet, the low carbs, or the weight loss, or all 3, but it felt so good.

I have something to look forward to doing for myself each day. This sub helped me get back on track, and you all inspired me each day! Just hoping I can pay it forward!

submitted by /u/msequestrian
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QqqJXQ

No comments:

Post a Comment