Wednesday, January 22, 2020

[Question] Is this an accurate way of measuring TDEE (considering caloric intake)?

So I've been on this weight loss journey for half a year now and I've lost just about 30 kgs! Yay me! I have never felt better, but still not the way I want to!
Aside from that though, I always felt like TDEE calculators always gave me way too high a number. Even when entering my lifestyle as sendentary (even when I workout 3x a week) I still felt like if I ate that much calories I would not only not lose weight but gain it!

So I tried to calculate my TDEE on my own, I wanna know from you guys if this is at all useful or just nonsense?

I compared the earliest weighing I ever did to the latest weighing I did, and then used a website that tells me how many days are between these two dates. I multiplied the amount of kgs I lost with 7700 because I read that that is the required amount of calories to have as a deficit so that you lose 1 kg of fat! I then divided that kgs-lost*7700 by the number of days between the starting weight and weight right now and it came out to about 1075 calories. That I think means that I had a caloric deficit of about 1075 calories on average this whole time. Is this accurate? Or am I missing something really big here that makes this obsolete?

Can I now just add all the calories I ate over the day plus calories burned by exercise and then I have my TDEE? (Though its impossible to know how much calories I burn while exercise... sadly)

submitted by /u/_Niroc_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TOtrJ2

No comments:

Post a Comment