Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Don’t weigh yourself everyday!

Now, obviously no one method works for everyone. I share this method for the people out there looking to find the spark with your exercise routine. The spark that makes you want to stick to it and become a lifestyle, not just something you have to do to lose weight.

Don’t weigh yourself all the time. For example: I started going to the gym last February. Every day I could go if I didn’t have a conflict. I used to weigh myself every day and get impatient with the results. One pound here, one pound there. It was challenging and made me start thinking the same old thought, “is all this work even worth it?”

I stopped weighing myself. I started reminding myself that I’m at a gym, surrounded by people that take their health seriously like me. I need to work out for the right reasons. Get healthy and make better eating choices. I stopped making it about weight loss, knowing that time will come.

Sure enough, I weigh myself about once every month or two. Each time I do, I lose a nice chunk. 5 pounds or so each weigh in. It’s highly motivating to see the weight dropping, and now nearly a year later I’ve made exercising part of my life. It’s what I do every day. I feel better. I’m at peace with WHY I exercise. The weight loss is now just a bonus.

Sorry for typos. Phone post...

submitted by /u/jazztrpt88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Gig7Vo

No comments:

Post a Comment