Monday, January 6, 2020

Regained the weight and doubting everything

I really thought I had the whole weight loss as a lifestyle change thing figured out, so I’m dismayed and completely confused at what to do now.

After a lifetime of fad diets, I discovered sustainable calorie tracking and moderation. I lost 70 pounds (190 to 120, maybe more since I didn’t weigh myself at the very beginning) in 8 months, and maintained it for 2 and 1/2 years. And for the first time, it felt real, even easy. I really felt confident I would keep the weight off the rest of my life, that I’d really changed and was never going back to my old habits.

And then, I did gain it back. Last year I steadily have gained back up to 170, still weighting myself regularly and watching the numbers go up, and I can’t seem to curb it back down. I try doing the same things I did before, basically just food logging in MFP, but I don’t stick to it anymore. I don’t want to say I can’t, because obviously I technically can, but... I just don’t. I know yea I can say, I am 170 instead of 190 now. But that isn’t much comfort when it is still obese for my height, and I experience all the same discomforts and health issues.

What is wrong with me? I feel heart-broken and hopeless that even something that felt so right and real went wrong. It’s not just a wrong turn in the road, I’ve gone right back where I started and my car’s broken now. Has anyone else been in my shoes? What do you tell yourself when it seems like there’s nothing else to turn to and you just can’t stick to even something so simple as counting calories? I’m at a loss, it took me a long time even to work up to posting this. Thanks for the chance to get this off my chest.

submitted by /u/bluemoonbluess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sRolAs

No comments:

Post a Comment