Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Round 2

I’ve lost 145+ pounds since September 2018.

I feel pretty great.

But the truth is I have been slacking for the last 6 months (Moving states, depression, getting married, holidays) and I have put back on 15 pounds since my lowest weight. I’m still really fat, at 5’4” and 219. Like I said, I feel great, but only in comparison to how terrible I felt before. I know I could feel so much better another 50-80 pounds down.

So I am back on the wagon.

I am hoping to get pregnant late March or April (we’re a queer couple, planning to do IUI or IVF). I would really like to be down at least 50 pounds at that point, but I understand that’s really aggressive weight loss, but I don’t think I can go ahead and get pregnant until I am at or under 185. I’m 38, so time is of the essence.

New for this round of weight loss is being on a very low dose of medicine for low thyroid function. My level was such that normally it would not be treated, but research suggest a narrower range for those trying to conceive, and that is the protocol my reproductive endocrinologist follows. I have a few weeks before I retest. As of right now I don’t notice any actual effects.

My plan is to return what worked that first time. That is increasing the amount of produce I eat to about 1-1 1/2 pounds per day (half raw). I can have a cookie if I want, but if I haven’t had my veggies I have to eat those first. My body likes the fiber and all the micronutrients.

Second, I am back to measuring and logging. I can’t tweak my diet if I don’t know what I’m eating.

Third, I am upping my water intake. Sometimes I don’t drink water, and it makes my everything grumpy and I seem to hold weight a little more.

Fourth, I’m going to stop eating at 830 each night. I just started a new job, so I’m not 100% on my meal schedule yet, but the goal is to get back to a 12 hour fasting window. I really don’t need chocolate at 10pm... really I don’t.

I am also upping my workouts, but that for me doesn’t help me lose weight if I just eat it all back, so that’s a separate thing.

So here’s to round two of weight loss and moving into territory unexplored in my adult life.

submitted by /u/CryOnTheWind
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tylrkn

No comments:

Post a Comment