Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Enough is enough

By making this account I am admitting to myself, and all of you, that my diet has been a problem. I'm not super out of shape - I'm an Army Officer who consistently scores a 290+ on the APFT (if that means anything to you). I've been hitting the gym 5x a week for the past 4 months and, honestly, I'm loving it. But I haven't been watching what I eat. I've always known that weight loss comes 99% from your diet but I've never wanted to acknowledge it because I love food and consuming large amounts of alcohol.

But then earlier this week I saw a video of myself and... holy fuck. The neck. the fucking neck, man. Back in high school I was a cross country runner weighing 135lb and looking at a side view of me you'd see a clear cut chin, jawline, and neck. But now it's just a diagonal line from my chin to my sternum. If I'm looking in the mirror and I look down at all - boom - double chin. I absolutely hate it and I;m sick of it. That and the slight gut/love handles. I know there's no such thing as spot-weight-loss, therefore: Enough is enough and I've got to lose some weight.

So. This is day 2 of my new eating/drinking choices. I've got MyFitnessPal Premium and I've set a daily 1600 calorie limit with 25% carbs (100g), 30% fat (53g), and 45% protein (180g). I'm trying to drink 1 gallon of water per day (not including water in protein shakes). I've cleared my fridge of beer, the goal with alcohol is to cut back what and how much I drink - I think quitting cold turkey is a silly idea. In the gym, I do whatever bullshit PT the Army has in store for us in the mornings and then after work I hit the gym where I'm doing a rotation of Coolcicada's PPL followed by ~25 minutes of cardio.

I think this is a specific, realistic, measurable, and achievable standard BUT I'd be happy to hear from y'all out there who are currently/have been through similar before.

submitted by /u/LT_FatNeck
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Fr3GGd

No comments:

Post a Comment