Saturday, January 11, 2020

Scale won't budge. Is it because of weight training?

Hey all. First post in quite a while. I lost 40+ lbs a while back doing keto but it became too restrictive for me eventually and I did put a little bit of that back on (maybe only 5-10lbs)

Since I wasn't working out during that entire diet (other than some cardio) I never built muscle and now I want to get rid of my gut and build some muscle definition elsewhere too.

I started at 186 on Jan 1 and then weighed in at 179.2 on Jan 6. Presumably just water weight or whatever my body freaking out because I hadn't filled it with beer and cheese.

That day I started a weight training thing and do 5 days a week with some light cardio each day too. I am limiting my calories to 1500 a day and doing intermittent fasting from 6pm to 10am (although that's something I've been doing for a while now anyway)

I know it's not even been 7 days since that first weigh in, but I got curious and stepped on this morning and am actually back up to 180. I know I shouldn't let the scale bug me and should probably just wait till my next set of progress photos, but do you think the added weight training is stopping any weight loss as (hopefully) my body loses fat and gains muscle?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/ExPatSTL
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36KQXu4

No comments:

Post a Comment