Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Sudden appetite decrease after getting under 200 lbs?

Some background:

I am a 23 year old male. I was a healthy weight until around the age of 19.

From age 19 to 21 my weight ballooned to a max of 240. At that point I was told I was pre-diabetic and had a fatty liver and my cholesterol numbers were out of control, so I started to try to make some changes.

Over a few months I dropped to 195 through some pretty unsustainable ways. Ended up back at 220 after a while. That’s when I finally started learning about nutrition properly and started trying to learn how my individual body and psychology works when it comes to nutrition, appetite, macros and calories, body image, mental health, etc. I spent a long time just learning without really applying my newfound knowledge.

Then, about 2 months ago, it all clicked. Since then, I have slowly and steadily dropped weight in a sustainable and healthy way. It has felt far different, in a good way, compared to any other time I’ve lost weight. I have dropped from about 215 to around 198, and I am 100% confident that I will continue to drop. It feels great in every single imaginable way.

Now my question:

Over the past week or so, as I started to dip below the 200 lbs mark, I noticed a very sudden shift in my appetite. Almost overnight, I have discovered that I am just not as hungry and do not get as many cravings as I have had for... well, the past few years, really. This is fantastic news for me, but I’m very curious about why and how this is happening and whether or not it will last.

Here are my theories:

  1. Getting under 200 re-invigorated me from a psychological perspective, resulting in a biological/psychological change that has me feeling less hungry. If this is the case, I find myself wondering if this will last.

  2. Eating healthy foods and the right macros for me all while at a caloric deficit consistently for the past few months, in conjunction with upping my water intake significantly, has changed my gut flora and hormone levels over time, so now I no longer have the same cravings and hunger levels.

  3. The conscious realization of the fact that eating right makes me feel better in literally every way (mentally, emotionally, physically) and that eating poorly immediately cuts off these good feelings for a short period of time has created a deep motivation within me to make sure I keep eating right consistently. The result of this motivation is that I just don’t get that hungry or feel those cravings.

I’m very interested to hear if anyone else has had something like this happen to them on their weight loss journey, and if so, what their observations and experiences were. Also interested in hearing everyone’s thoughts on my theories about what’s going on. Thanks!

submitted by /u/hotmunch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uh89sT

No comments:

Post a Comment