Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Today, I'm officially 100lbs lighter

Hello r/loseit !

I wanted to take this opportunity to share my experience with weight loss so far and (hopefully ) inspire some of you, because let's face it...losing weight is an uphill battle that we're fighting every second of our lives and we all need some motivation now and then all the time.

Technically, my weight loss journey technically started probably about 10 years ago, back when I was in middle school. Since then, all the way up until mid December of 2018, I've went through countless number of yoyos and ultimately ended up weighing a lot more than where I initially started from. At my highest, I was 385lbs.

My "official" weight loss journey, the one I stuck to and still is sticking to, started on 12/22/18. I remember looking at this picture of myself (the "before" pic) on Facebook and feeling disgusted of myself. To be fair though, I WAS pretty disgusting. At that point in my life, I hated myself so much that I even gave up on personal hygiene.

But that "disgusting", and lazy idiot made an extremely brave decision that day. He grew the balls to give up the temporary pleasures of life (aka food), and finally pursue true happiness. He chose to stop making excuses and looking for validation and start fixing his dam body that he CHOSE to neglect for years and years.

Fast forwarding 1 year and 30 days to today, it's still just as hard as the day I started this journey. If anything, the me 1 year ago had so much more courage to work out and watch what I eat despite not looking like what I do today. I can barely say no to chocolate chip cookies today because I can now fit into XL slim fit button down shirts. I have no idea how 12/22/18 me did it. :/

Today, I weigh 284lbs and I'm in the process of training for a half marathon in May after completing my first ever 8k race about a month ago. I also picked up boxing/kickboxing/Muay Thai 4 months ago, which I absolutely love, and it's been motivating me to keep pushing.

Even though I still have a good 100lbs I can lose, I'm so much of a happier person now that I was before. Each day I get out of my bed feels like a blessing and I can confidently say that every single drop of sweat, tear, and blood I shed while getting here was worth it.

Thank you to everyone in this community for all the love and support! I seriously couldn't have made this far without you all!

Before & After

submitted by /u/cowwithakk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36jfHZ7

No comments:

Post a Comment