Saturday, January 11, 2020

The latest (hopefully final) restart! F48 5’5” 159.6 > 154.4 = -5 lbs in the first 6 days

tldr CICO, “eat back” 60% of exercise calories, and no one to talk to about my modest little success getting started again losing weight!

CICO using SparkPeople’s recommended calories to lose 2 lbs per week (the max they allow). I’ve been near or slightly over the recommended top of the range of 1500-1850/day, which feels like a HUGE decrease from what I was eating before, (when I was not tracking).

Doing a 6 day/week home exercise program and “eating back” 60% of the calories my Polar heart rate monitor says I burned during the exercise.

Really struggling to do the exercise first thing in the morning every day! I know the weight loss is due to the calorie deficit but I previously lost weight doing CICO and this home exercise program, and I have some kind of mental thing about doing the 2 together. Like if I can force myself to do the exercise per the schedule, everything else in my life will fall into place too. (There is plenty else in my life that desperately needs improvement/continued very hard work!) There’s no way I’ll exercise if I don’t do it before work or anything else - at least as far as I have willpower these days.

I used to buy into the “limited willpower” theory but apparently psychology research has now debunked that limit (please don’t correct me if I’m wrong, I WANT to believe it’s unlimited). Or, maybe it’s not that people with more willpower can force themselves more, but rather that they focus on the fun experience as well as the later benefits of exercise, so they want to exercise rather than forcing it. I really want to have this mentality about exercise and more!!!

Anyone else just starting again, like I am? Honestly I had to write about this here because my SO is already extremely overweight, and probably going to start taking the same med that made him get overweight in the first place, again. Because even gaining more weight is better than not taking the med, and no other med works. I sympathize with him and feel like it’s gloating to mention my own weight loss. Haha/sadly there’s not anyone else in my life that I would want to tell either!

Keep up the efforts, my friends, we’ve got this!!!

Edit: I’m vegan. I was hesitant to mention it, but I should be real.

submitted by /u/Trees-of-green
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sc4A6m

No comments:

Post a Comment