Saturday, January 11, 2020

Introducing myself + the irony of having only 6-8 pounds to lose -- HELP!!!

Hello everyone. I am Miss Twinkleton, and I would like to shed 6 - 8 pounds and maintain my weight loss. I am 22 years old, 5"2 and currently weigh 116 pounds and I would like to weight anywhere between 108 - 110 pounds.

Now that the basic facts are out of the way, let me express my admiration for the will power of everyone on this subreddit. I cannot even fathom losing twenty or forty pounds, let alone 100+. I sense the absurdness of my position and of this post. One would think that accomplishing my goals would be so easy considering how little weight I have to lose, but it seems the reality is anything but. For several years, I have maintained a weight of 120 - 123 pounds. I tried to shed weight many times, but with no success. I would lose perhaps two pounds at most and put them back on a few weeks later. I consoled myself with the thought that I was not overweight.

Quite by accident, I dropped down to 117 over the past four months. In the midst of undertaking an extended audition tour in a big city, I unwittingly fasted, since I did not have enough money to eat three meals a day. I also used public transportation and walked a lot more to save costs. The weight loss was so unintended that I did not notice it until I returned home and others began to make comments. After catching a nasty flu, I dropped down even further to 112 pounds.

Unfortunately, over the past two weeks, the scale has climbed back up to 116 lbs. I have settled back into my home routine. I cook for my large family, and we all share in purchasing a large grocery haul. I am sure that I am eating more simply because I have access to more food. I eat a balanced and mostly vegan diet and have done so for all my life, but I am concerned about quantity. I have introduced gym workouts for three days out of the week, but the scale keeps creeping upwards.

My questions are:

  1. how do I ensure that I lose weight at a healthy rate? Should I stick to eating 1400 calories a day and keep up with the exercise?
  2. I have never counted calories in my life! I wonder whether or not I should revert to skipping a meal or two a day, since that method served as the catalyst of my previous weight gain.
  3. What are some common misconceptions about losing weight? Are there any other subredditors who have experienced dropping only ten or twenty pounds?

It feels frustrating fixating on those insignificant 6 - 8 lbs, and at the same time I am aware I might come across as a complainer, especially considering the number of brave folkswho have shed fifty pounds or more through sheer dedication. I am very grateful for the time you are taking to read this post and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

With thanks,

Miss Twinkleton

submitted by /u/misstwinkleton
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3a3JCaO

No comments:

Post a Comment