Sunday, January 12, 2020

Wife and I are down almost 300 pounds in just under a year and a half. This pic doesnt seem real to me. Everything in life isnt magically better now, but I no longer wake up wondering if I'm about to die.

Yup. My wife jumped on the weight loss train after I dropped 50 pounds. She said, " ok just make my meals too". It's at the point now where past students dont recognize me. Facebook AI no longer auto tags me or tags the wrong person in my photos. Craziness. It feels like such a long climb up this weight loss mountain, but I will get to the top.

I'm so proud of my wife for doing this with me. Just tonight I went to eat some junk and she smiled at me which was all I needed to stay strong and not eat the 29 pieces of carrot cake that was calling my name. But I know if I eat it, I might not fall off the cliff entirely, but I definitely will back slide a bit.

It's still hard. I still want to eat my weight in pizza and twinkies. I still make mistakes and give in to temptation occasionally. But I bounce back these days much quicker. One day doesnt have to be a week of binging and even a week doesnt have to be a month. Even if we lose our footing on the climb up the mountain, that'scwhat our safety harness is for.

I trust the process these days. I don't worry after 3 months of stalling. I know I'm at a deficit and I refuse to go beyond a 1000 calorie deficit or 1600 calories, so it'll drop off when it's ready. In the meantime I stick to the plan and keep getting stronger. Sometimes it seems like I'm stuck on this mountain and not going anywhere, but then I look down and realize just how far I've come.

I hope I can inspire just one more person with this post. Please, join the journey. It's not always fun, but the view from the top is majestic, and I can't wait to look over the top with as many of you by my side as possible when I get there.

18 month progress pic

https://m.imgur.com/a/krvcb5d

submitted by /u/3995346
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2snaNwy

No comments:

Post a Comment