Sunday, February 2, 2020

Conflicting information and advice from reputable sources on weight loss plateaus. Help.

I’ve experience several plateaus during my weight loss journey and I expected that. I’m extremely motivated and keep extreme track of every calorie. I often triple check calorie amounts just to verify that my app is correct. I often find errors and correct everything. I usually eat below my recommended calorie count by a few hundred calories per day, yet I’ve been stuck at the same basic weight for the last 3 weeks.

Several sources (including Loseit) claim that eating below the recommended calories will cause a kind of metabolism calorie grab which creates a weight loss plateau. The recommended fix is to actually increase your calorie intake to better match the recommended amount. Other sources (including the Mayo Clinic’s weight loss guide) claim that plateaus are natural and when they happen, reduce your calorie count even more... which is the polar opposite advice.

What have you found?

submitted by /u/Odd_craving
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uYnsXs

No comments:

Post a Comment