Thursday, April 2, 2020

Food tips: Maintaining my weight during quarantine

I just wanted to share some of my tips on how I'm maintaining my own weight. This may not work for everyone, but I would still like to share how I'm doing it during the quarantine. For reference, I'm 5'1 and weight 120. I lost quite a bit of weight during the holiday time (surprisingly) and wanted to maintain that weight. My relationship with food has been up and down for years. I was a very chunky girl majority of my life. A lot of my weight loss is through me finding the right balance and to be discipline. I have purposely not bought any bread so I would not feel obligated to use it and eat it. Instead whenever I'm making something that would typically use bread I would have to be creative or just not have it. This forces me to not crave for the carbs. I did buy corn tortillas for several reasons. It is low in carbs and I can use it for different cuisines. Whenever I'm craving something with cheese and I want something simple, usually I would make a grilled cheese sandwich. A cheese quesadilla is a good alternative to that. I've also used corn tortillas as wraps for my gyros and shawarmas. I've also used it as an alternative to chapatis. As for snacking, I'm guilty to say I have been munching away at some chips and salsa. The salsa is always low in calories, it's usually for that reason my dip of choice. Sometimes I would make a simple cheese quesadilla with the corn tortillas and eat it with salsa. For a snack I would just eat one of these and I am satisfied. I have also bought the flavored popcorn snacks that comes in the big bag. I have gotten the herbs and spices from Trader Joe's, salt and pepper popcorn from Aldi, and my all-time favorite boom chicky pop sweet and salty. Usually two cups of popcorn would be 140 calories. Whenever I'm sitting in front of my television and I just want to snack I would reach for the popcorn. I've been making a lot of soups as it is easy to make, and store to eat for later. Soups are usually good and filling up as it's mainly liquid. I do crave for bread to be dipped into my soups, this is where the discipline comes in. I did find cauliflower crackers at Aldi and I would sometimes put them in my soup like oyster crackers. I think I just like the crunch of it among the liquid texture of the soup. I also have been putting a little bit of rice and vegetables and any leftover meats in my soups just for it to feel hearty. This is a good way to get a lot of other nutrients in your meals. I have purposely not bought any sweet treats. No ice cream, no cookies, no candy. I am a person who has a terrible sweet tooth. If I buy a whole container of ice cream, I would eat it in one sitting. I did stock up on a lot of fresh fruits. When I buy it, I chop it up and a lot of the times I would freeze it. I'm also a big tea drinker and I would make tea whenever I'm craving for something sweet. The liquid does fill me up quicker and I don't crave something sweet as much. Now I'm not saying I don't have any sugar in the house, I only have raw sugar. I have switched to only having raw sugar in my house a few years ago after a trip to India. The raw sugar satisfies my sweet craving and it doesn't overpower the flavor whatever I'm eating. I have also mixed different ground spices with my sugar to give it a little bit more flavor and so I don't use as much of it. I have ground up fresh cardamom and mixed it with my raw sugar. I would dip my fruit in this mixture. A lot of these tips are quite typical. I just thought I could share what I am doing. I would like to hear from other people what they're doing to maintain their weight during these trying times.

submitted by /u/honey_teh_manis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/344qBT5

No comments:

Post a Comment