Wednesday, April 1, 2020

I will never reach my goal weight

There, I said it. I will never get there. Why? Because every time I do, my “goal weight” changes. The further along in this journey I go, the more I’m realizing that it’s not about the number on the scale anymore. It’s about how I FEEL. Am I comfortable in my own skin? Am I healthy? Am I happy? Does my doctor think I’m healthy? I’ve been able to answer “yes” to all four of these questions for a while now, and I STILL try and lose those last 3lbs.

But why?

I have this notion in my head that once I get to whatever my next goal weight is, I’ll be even happier/even more comfortable in my skin. To date, this still hasn’t happened by getting to whatever my next goal was.

For what feels like forever, my entire world has revolved around weight loss. I have lost more than half of my body weight. I recently decided: no more. No more trying to lose weight. I’m done. I am well within a healthy BMI range, I’ve accomplished all of my non-scale goals, and I’m happy. Why do we always have to have more?

Maintenance mode is a weird place to be for me, mostly because I have never been here before. This is uncharted territory. But I have worked my ass off to be here (literally, it’s gone). Here we go, cheers to maintenance mode and all that it entails, even if I’m 3lbs heavier than I thought I wanted to be!

submitted by /u/aworsh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39w3D8B

No comments:

Post a Comment