Saturday, August 29, 2020

18M 5’7 SW: 194 CW:167 GW: 150 - I’m so excited about my weight loss and I just had to tell someone my story!!!

Im down 27 pounds in 6 weeks!!! I didn’t wanna tell anyone in real life because I’m a first year in college in COVID lockdown and I haven’t seen my old friends for a while and my dad who has never given me a positive compliment in real life would just tell me I look the same and that I shoulda lost more weight by now.

I started in mid/late July about 6 weeks ago at 194 pounds.

I got motivated because I’d been avoiding my annual checkup family doctor for the last year because of my weight. He was seriously a good guy and didn’t pressure me or make me feel bad but he warned me a couple times 2 years ago that my weight was increasing. However, I kinda let it slide and I felt embarrassed that I ignored him so I just didn’t go to the doctor for a year or two (probably another psychological thing with the abusive father). I had to see him to get vaccination reports for college so I went in about a week into my weight loss regime. He just said the same thing about my weight but I told him I’d seriously begun trying so he didn’t say much more.

Anyways, i started eating 1000-1200 calories a day. I also started doing 2 1 hour cardio workouts (burning 400-600 calories per hour very intensely) until the beginning of August, when my college was starting. Unfortunately, due to COVID and irresponsible students and college administration there was practically no way I could work out but I still tried to be outside and as active as I could. I would still classify my life in college as sedimentary as all my classes are basically online right now due to a COVID outbreak so I barely get out.

On top of this, dining hall food was only takeout and it was utter crap. I’m talking everything tastes like it was microwaved. However, the good thing was that it was easy to get exact calories for every set takeout meal since the university posted it online and there was not much variation. So I settled for 1 1200 calorie meal a day or sometimes 2 500-600 calorie meals. I’m still eating pretty unhealthy (just by nature of the meals) and hopefully the food gets better but at least I’m still at a calorie deficit.

Yet throughout all this, and the past 6 weeks, I’ve managed to lose 27 pounds! My goal weight is 150 and and by about every calculation I should reach it by early November.

Even until the mid 170’s, some days I felt like I didn’t see any gains (I have a lot of bloating when I eat) even though there definitely were. However now, I can definitely see gains throughout my whole body, legs to stomach to face. Maybe it’s just placebo but I’m happy even if it is.

submitted by /u/didbfofnfwifhrodb
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32BUFp0

No comments:

Post a Comment