Thursday, August 27, 2020

“You haven’t changed much”

So I’m 5”6 15F who’s gone from 172lbs to about 137lbs (trying to get down to 130lbs) since January and today was my first day back and school since I lost weight. I wasn’t going in expecting compliments at all because well we’re teenagers but considering the amount of compliments I’ve gotten from family members I thought my weight loss was quite noticeable.

However I have a friend who has seen me once during lockdown and was fully aware I’d lost weight and we were talking about whether anyone had changed over lockdown. I don’t remember the exact conversation but I briefly mentioned the fact I’d lost some weight and she said “you haven’t changed much”. Admittedly I’m probably overreacting to this but it made me feel absolutely horrible. Obviously I’ve not lost a ridiculous amount of weight but the amount of effort I’ve put into it suddenly feels completely pointless. I thought I looked good but now I just feel like I have too much self confidence.

submitted by /u/cheesy-carbonara
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3b5VRVA

No comments:

Post a Comment