Friday, August 28, 2020

Are hot baths after a workout a thing?

I started taking hot baths right after a workout in the winter just because I was too tired to stand up for a shower and also I hate being cold/love a good bath (or a sauna, or a steam room, or a hot tub) but then I noticed on my Fitbit that it extended my “active minutes” and kept my heart rate up in the workout range for another 30-45 minutes. And I get out feeling like I had a second workout! I think it might also help minimize DOMS, but I’ve also read that it can inhibit recovery because it delays autonomic nervous system responses in some way. I’m just kind of wondering if anyone else does this, if it’s an actual weight loss thing, if it’s safe, if it’s advisable, if it’s good/bad/neutral for recovery? I see a lot of info on the ice bath thing but not a lot about hot baths.

submitted by /u/shampoorooni
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34Eycdz

No comments:

Post a Comment