Monday, August 31, 2020

Don't be like me and make losing weight your whole life

I guess this is a warning and a reflection on my part at the same time. I used to be 83 kg and lost about 35 kg to eventually maintain at aroun 48-49 kg (been maintaining that for 8 months, but maintained at 52 before that for 6 months). Today I realised that I made my whole life into losing weight. It was everything I thought about from waking up to going to sleep. When I went out with friends, I didn't go if I knew we would be eating out and I didn't drink.

I know that not all activities have to be about food, but I just didn't have fun anymore either. I lost interest in all things I cared about like reading, learning new things and many more because I was constantly thinking about losing weight. I thought losing the weight would make me happy. It didn't. Sure I am happier and more confident in myself. But I guess I am also a lot less confident in a lot of ways. I still think I look like a monster. I have some loose skin comparable to new moms I would say is the best explanation and I feel like all the hard work was for nothing sometimes. Revolving my whole life around losing weight was a mistake that I am now trying to undo. I want to maintain, but I can not let my body not looking like I would want it to look stop me from living my life. That's what I did when I was bigger and that's what I am doing again now.

The last few months I have found my old passions again, but it's a shame that I let weight loss consume my life the way it did. I am finally finding a balance, but I wish I would have tried to find that balance sooner. Losing weight doesn't solve all of your problems. It's healthier though and I am so much better at sports then I user to be, so it's worth it. But it's not all that's important!

submitted by /u/NotKeepingUp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31JzUIB

No comments:

Post a Comment