Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Starting to find myself in the same previous cycles, how do you completely change your mindset?!?

Hi all - so, as the title says, I'm starting to find myself in the same previous cycle a lot of us may be familiar with.

Gain weight -> diet -> lose weight -> try different things -> losses slow or we get burned out -> eating all the things -> gain weight -> repeat

I had gained about 25lbs since November of last year, quite a bit of that during COVID stay at home measures. I managed to lose the extra COVID weight, but lets be honest here, that's not all I have to lose. I still need to lose about 50-55lbs to be where I want to be. I just don't know how to break this repeated cycle that I've dealt with my entire adult life! I don't know what it is, I start losing a little bit and feeling better about myself, then for some reason I feel the need to try a different diet or re-incorporate foods that I had been eliminating (not for any reason other than weight loss). I start thinking about the different diet programs out there, which one is the right one, maybe I should try Keto because you usually lose fast on that, etc.

I lost my extra COVID weight on a program that was monitored by a clinic, so I don't have a working scale at home and besides the point it wouldn't be the same conditions as weighing at the clinic so I don't know exactly how much I've gained in the last month. But I know I have.

I don't know what I'm looking for exactly. I know there's no magic one-size-fits-all solution here. Just a little support I guess from like-minded folks, and any suggestions on how to break these bad habits are welcome.

submitted by /u/hankryhankryhippo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3htYdQm

No comments:

Post a Comment