Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Restriction and Binge Eating

What I understand about weight loss: You must create a calorie deficit. You can do this by eating all foods but measuring/counting to stay under your calorie limit OR by adopting some sort of food rules (keto, intermittent fasting, etc) that ultimately result in a calorie deficit. I am capable of doing these things; I've lost the weight several times over. But when I do, I end up completely obsessed with food. Always thinking about food and my next meal, planning what and when I will eat next, and then I derail into a horrible binge cycle
What I've read in my endless google-ing about binge eating: Binge eating is caused by either physical or mental restriction; to overcome binge eating you have to stop dieting and stop restricting.
For the past 5+ years, I have repeated the following cycle endlessly: I lose the weight, but it always results in obsessing about food, and eventually horrible binges. I get so depressed about the binge eating and decide that I can't keep living my life that way. So then I stop dieting, and end up back at my starting weight. Repeat x1000.
So do I have to choose? It's either being overweight or trapped in a binge eating cycle?
I'm so tired of it all, and I can't keep doing this.

submitted by /u/isothope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aWQtUs

No comments:

Post a Comment