Sunday, August 30, 2020

I went on vacation, didn't log my calories and felt horrible the whole time. But I'm counting it as a win anyway.

I've been on my weight loss journey since around June 20th - so just over two months. I've been consistent with my calorie deficit and exercise, and I've lost 5" off my waist. (Haven't weighed myself yet - planning to do so soon.)

I just got home from a safe, socially-distant vacation in a tourist destination upstate from me. I was anxious about this vacation because I knew I wasn't going to eat well. I'm not joking when I say there was not a single chain restaurant (not even McDonald's), and we didn't have a kitchen so we had to eat out for every meal. I definitely ate a crazy amount of calories, and indulged in a lot of unhealthy food. And I felt like shit. Not even mentally -- I was prepared to feel guilty -- but physically. Not to get too gross, but I haven't had that many stomach aches... poops... and farts in months. This sounds unpleasant (and it was)... but it means my body is now used to eating healthy, moderate portions of food -- not massive amounts of deep fried, carb-loaded, sugary treats. The kind of stuff I used to eat on a daily basis! It almost felt like my body was rejecting the junk food, because it now craves healthier choices. It was a reminder that I've been working on making positive changes.

I am actually looking forward to tomorrow when I restart my journey. I went on one hike during the trip and did a lot of walking, but I'm eager to resume my usual exercise routine. I already ordered my groceries for the week, and made sure to stock my cart with fruits, veggies, chicken and yogurt. It's going to feel so good to eat that way again.

submitted by /u/back_r0lls
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hI2yzn

No comments:

Post a Comment