Saturday, August 29, 2020

Will walking actually make a difference?

Hey everyone. I'm trying to continue making changes for myself because my BMI is around the worst BMI there is due to my height (5'0"). I've always been on the thicker side no matter what I've done; the only time I wasn't is when I extreme conditioned for sports in HS, and even then I was still curvy. So coming here, asking for advice, I'm really looking to even get myself back down to at least 200, regardless of my BMI.

I'm not asking for medical advice, but I have an unknown disability (most likely severe plantar fascitis) and have to use a wheelchair on outings. Therefore, cardio (even biking and swimming - pools are closed anyways) really is not an option for me. So, the options I'm left with, now that the school gym is closed, is to:

  1. Walk 5k-10k steps in the morning, which is still incredibly painful to me and my feet and legs will throb hours after because of my disability, and;

  2. Find something to do at home (aka. Some hand barbell work, squats with weight, and planks/sit ups; other stuff I can remember doing with personal training).

I had significantly more weight loss options at the gym, where I was actually losing weight back in February, that didn't involve being on my feet and since losing that, I've let myself go. I'm really looking to know from your experiences if these options I've listed are good for helping me slowly slim down despite the pain I'll put myself through with #1. I mostly need to build some sort of routine or I'll never get out of this funk.

Other notes: I live in a small apartment (no gym equipment) and I also try to eat under my calorie requirements every day as well; I know diet is half the battle and I'm struggling with that too (depression is a bitch). Thanks for any help and for sharing your experiences.

submitted by /u/Gavindorf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YNZ9Ym

No comments:

Post a Comment