Friday, August 28, 2020

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing badly.

If you want to eat chips and avoid veg for a day, you can do it - just try to stay within your calorie limit.

You can't manage 10k steps a day? Do 5k. Just try to do it every day.

You have a day where you want to go for dinner with friends? Just eat sensibly the rest of the day and be honest when logging your foods. Tomorrow is a new day.

If you need to lose weight, you don't have to diet perfectly. If it's worth doing, it's worth giving it whatever energy you can muster. You need to be kind to yourself - but at the same time be honest with yourself.

I am down 56lbs with another 56lbs to go, and my diet isn't perfect. I need gravy with my veg. I need a bit of bread in my life. I need a slice of pizza once in a while. I'm coming from being sedentary, the exercise is a slow process. But I'm keeping going, trying not to measure myself against the perfect weight loss plan. I'm doing me. And it's working.

So if you need help to start, or feel yourself faltering, or are just overly critical of your efforts, remember - it's worth doing. So do it as well or as badly as you need to.

submitted by /u/ionian21
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hD4nOj

No comments:

Post a Comment