Monday, August 31, 2020

What are your weird/ less talked about weight loss tips? Here are mine.

I went from 112kg to 69kg in 8.5 months and I'm 6'1. I have maintained for 4 months now. I still do a lot of these to maintain.

• first tip is to drink water all the time. Well, not all the time, but when you feel hunger coming on it's possible to suppress it just by filling your stomach with water. I love cold water, so I always keep ice in the freezer to make drinking it more appealing.

• pickles are your best friend if you crave salty things. Seaweed is another good option. Very high sodium obviously, but super low calorie (only about 7 per pickle!) If i ever crave a salty snack, pickles satisfy that instead of binging on something calorific.

• "barrier foods". Basically before eating your actual meal or before snacking, fill up on something low calorie. I like broccoli for this. If I don't like the idea of eating broccoli I'm not as hungry as I thought.

• coffee. I have about 4 cups a day, maybe that's not ideal but I'm not hungry after drinking it. Black coffee is best obviously.

• avoid sugar and sweet things. I know this isn't for everyone but it really helped me with my cravings. Super sweet things also seem to trigger that same hunger response. The less sugar you consume regularly, the nicer low sugar options taste. I actually enjoy black chocolate much more than regular chocolate now.

• I saw this suggested here before, but wear tight clothes when eating and grocery shopping. It makes you more aware of your body and how you actually want it to look. When I felt uncomfortable in my clothes I bought a lot less food. I also eat less, especially in public.

• replace bread with rice cakes. Small change but you won't regret it, much fewer calories and still satisfies the carb craving. I eat a low carb diet and rice cakes are very satisfying for me.

• And finally something that helped me a lot to think about: humans are meant to be hungry. It's okay and healthy to be hungry throughout the day. It's even healthy to go many hours or even days without eating, that's why fasting works. The advice "eat when you're hungry" can't be applied to most of us, because if we do we just eat too much. Think of hunger as a part of life rather than something you immediately have to immediately satisfy.

Hope this helped in some way, I'd like to hear your weird tips.

submitted by /u/90popp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hMfO62

No comments:

Post a Comment