Saturday, August 29, 2020

[SV] I'm back, and I've reached my goal weight... Sort of.

Progress Pics!

I woke up this morning with 800 grams (1.76 lb) left to go on my weight loss journey and I could just not find any reason to continue. All my motivation points and reasons for losing weight had already been met. I looked great and felt great. And suddenly I realised meeting an arbitrary number on a scale wasn't why I was doing this to start with.

So I changed my goal weight to what I am now, cause why not?

20.3kgs (44.75 lbs) lost. Down from an AU size 14 (US 12), to a AU size 10 (US 8).

I gave a lot of tips last time I posted re what worked well for me with losing weight. So here's some tips that has helped me come to terms with my weight loss, cause I'm sure most of you still see your old self in the mirror sometimes.

  1. Use a measuring tape and get your measurements around your hips, belly, chest, leg, arm, and under your chin. Once a month is fine. Every time you start seeing your old self in the mirror, get out that measuring tape and measure out your original weight to see how much gap is now between you and that tape measure. Man, it has shocked me seeing how big I used to be.

  2. Take progress pictures regularly. Once a month minimum. Use a picture collage app and place the pictures next to each other for a quick glance at how much visible progress you have made. Front on, side on, and sitting down pictures (yes! You'd be surprised how awesome it is to see the change in how your body shape changes when sitting as you lose weight).

  3. Take friends shopping for new clothes. I found I was picking out clothes that were a size too big cause I just didn't know how it was meant to feel or sit on me. I wasn't wearing the right size clothes due to denial when I was bigger, so when I was smaller I had no idea how snug was too snug and what was just right. I've had shop assistants make off-hand comments about how I would need a smaller size when checking myself in a mirror out in the open. I would then realise I had bought clothes already that were too big. Just cause it's comfy doesn't mean it's the right size. Taking friends does help because they can check your sizing for you, without the fat lens.

If anyone has other tips, let me know!

submitted by /u/BrushedYourTeethYet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3b9QynL

No comments:

Post a Comment