Monday, August 31, 2020

50 pounds down, my lowest weight in over a year!

Hey all, haven't really posted here before but wanted to share my progress with some likeminded people!
I have always been overweight and most of that time I have been obese or morbidly obese, first year of uni in 2017 I started going to the gym and dropped quite a bit of weight, but over the next 2 years I put it all back on and more. Realised around Christmas time that I had to make a proper change and stick to it. January 3rd I weighed myself for the first time in quite a while and I was 159.3kg(351.2lbs).

I started tracking calories with My Fitness Pal, signed up for the gym and started educating myself on ways to lose weight and get healthy. Things started well and I was losing 1kg a week on average until lockdown began and the gym closed. Over the next 13 weeks without the gym, and due to slacking a lot with my diet, I only lost 1.7kg(3.7lbs) over 13 weeks.

Here was the point that in the past I would have given up, but this time I made the decision to keep going. I was still unable to go to the gym but decided to start walking every day and to get back on top of my diet. I am averaging about 0.8kg(1.8lbs) loss per week over the last 9 weeks since then and feel like I am back in control.

My total loss as of today is now 22.7kg(50lbs), I weigh daily so it tends to fluctuate and it will be a little longer before my weekly average hits this amount, but just getting to that number feels like a big achievement. However the bigger achievement to me is the fact I have kept going at it. I am now 8 months in and that is by far the longest time I have continuously stuck to a weight loss regime.

I still have a long way to go, but I also still have plenty of ways I can make additional changes to get there and that excites me. For the first time I feel that my journey will result in a permanent change.

submitted by /u/pandaaaa26
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jtAWOV

No comments:

Post a Comment