Monday, August 31, 2020

“You’ll be skinny in no time” is not a compliment

I recently just started a new job where I’m working 6 days a week. Talking to a friend yesterday about my new schedule they said “wow, you’ll be skinny in no time”. At first I didn’t think too much about it, but this morning it really resonated with me.

You’ll be skinny in no time IS NOT A COMPLIMENT.

While you may mean well, saying this to anybody is reinforcing unrealistic expectations about weight loss & body image. Especially if the person is self conscious already, or maybe they aren’t even trying to lose weight.

You don’t go up to someone who just went from a labour oriented job to a desk position and say “wow, you’ll be fat in no time”. So why do we do this the other way around??

submitted by /u/MyNameIsFranks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/351JEjN

No comments:

Post a Comment