Tuesday, August 25, 2020

[M23] I have lost 95 lbs over 16 months while building a house.

M23, 6'1", SW: 415, CW: 320, GW: 230

I really should have waited until i hit 100 lbs lost to post this, but I wanted to share too much. I've been overweight obese for my entire life, and while I managed to lose most of it twice back when I was younger, I always gained it back due to poor eating habits, depression, and a lack of self discipline.

It hit its apex when I ballooned over 400 pounds. I withdrew from my major for unrelated reasons, and moved from Arizona to Oregon with my parents. I had for years intended to move up here and build a house for my parents, who were retired. My father, who was a general contractor for most of his life, had developed health issues and worn knees over the years, so it was up to me to supply the labor and learn from him over the course of the build. We had help from family and friends at different stages, but it was irregular and they had other responsibilities, so it was just my Dad and I for the majority of the project. It was slow, but we have since moved in and are enjoying being out in nature.

I took the move as an opportunity to start fresh. I grew a beard, and let my hair grow out, and the work improved my self-confidence. The weight loss snuck up on me, however. I intended to lose weight, but wasn’t paying that much attention to it with all the work going on, and there were points where I wasn’t eating too good out of convenience. By the time we moved in however, I had realized I had lost over 60 lbs. Doesn’t seem like much for over a year, but I was ecstatic. Since then, I have taken it more seriously, and have dropped another 35 lbs in little over 3 months.

I am feeling great. I went from fitting in a 5XL shirt down to a 3XL. My old pants fall off. I go on a mile walk each day now, and it feels casual. I spend a solid chunk of the day outside, instead of being sedentary indoors. My appetite has dropped, and I am eating at a reasonable level without any discomfort or inclination to eat more. I have lost 4 lbs in the last week alone. I am over half way to my goal weight of 230 lbs, and I am not stopping at this point. Once Covid has passed us, I fully intend to resume my education, hopefully down to my goal weight by then!

submitted by /u/Blixtrande
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qrtibz

No comments:

Post a Comment