Tuesday, August 25, 2020

I FINALLY REJOINED THE ONEDER CLUB!

M30, 5'8, SW: 240+, CW: 196, GW: 170? Oh man, I'm so happy I could cry!

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Growing up I was always pretty fit/skinny. Gained a freshman 15 in college and after, but never let my weight get too out of control. Then I found myself in a toxic relationship and dealing with a lot of mental health/depression issues, and I turned to food as my escape.

Let me tell you, I BLEW UP. I was 5'8, over 240 pounds, and carrying it all almost exclusively in my stomach. Quite frankly, I looked like shit. I had friends and family members who had tried to gently point out my overeating to me, but I ignored it for far too long. I would try a diet but it wouldn't stick. Same with working out. I want to blame the horrible relationship I was in, but truthfully, it's on me. I let it get like this. I got out of the relationship in 2018, but never did anything to take care of my weight or eating problem.

Then COVID hit. Here I was, staring down 30 years old, going through some old pictures and I couldn't recognize the guy I was looking at. I wasn't happy with the person looking back at me in the mirror. I decided that I wasn't going to let this define me, and I would make the change. I started tracking my meals and calories (not macros though, I'm not ready for that), read up and started intermittent fasting, cut out my snacking and most sweets, cut back HEAVILY on my alcohol intake, and made a pledge to myself to do something active every day. Whether it is a walk, golf, tennis, Circuit training, whatever. I will myself to try and get a nice workout in, no matter how small it is. And I bought a Peloton to start riding. That has been a massive help. Even if I am not riding every day, it helps serve as a reminder that I need to just do something. I'm also cooking almost every meal, and controlling more what I put in my body.

Slowly but surely, the weight has melted away. I am down 2, hopefully soon 4 inches on my waist size. My old clothes fit me again. I feel so much better. My energy levels are amazing all day, I am sleeping better, my confidence is back. And people have noticed! Friends, family, and even coworkers have all paid me compliments and can't believe my transformation!

It feels so so so good. And I want to thank everyone in this community. Your posts help motivate me. Seeing some of your transformations have inspired me. I actually hit 199 on the scale last week, but I wanted to wait to post till my weight stopped fluctuating so much and i was firmly under 200. Thank you all, and if you're reading this at the beginning of your weight loss journey, or you haven't even started, let me tell you: You've got this. The most important thing is Just. Keep. Going. If you took 10 steps today, take 20 tomorrow. 40 the next day. Progress, not perfection. If I can do it, you better believe you can too.

I will maybe post before and after pictures later, but thank you all again, and I hope everyone is staying safe and sane during these crazy times!!!

submitted by /u/PuroStyle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QuSSfz

No comments:

Post a Comment