Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Month long plateau + skipped period —Looking for reassurance or confirmation I should be getting concerned?

Hi everyone,

Title says it all really, I started my weight loss journey on the 1st of June at 82kg (I’m F, 168cm) and steadily lost 5kg through to mid-July. I’m now at 77 kgs.

Since mid-July I’ve lost absolutely nothing (although a fluctuation last week had me down to 74.7 kg but then back to 77kg the next day) despite doing what I was doing before, which was 1500 cals, 5K run 4 times per week and between 20-50 mins body weight strength exercises 3/4 times a week. I’ve also skipped a period which has only ever happened once before about 7 years ago (and there’s no way I’m pregnant).

I’ve started reading more in depth articles about TDEE and REE and beginning to wonder if I’m undereating? I personally don’t think 1500 is too low and I was managing quite happily before this plateau, sleeping well, energetic, a little hungrier than usual but nothing I couldn’t handle?

I’m also aware it could just be a plateau because I’ve been taking measurements and some cms have been lost all round during this standstill, which leads me to believe I’m still losing fat. But the combination of a missed period and being unable to get past 77kg has me a little spooked. Should also mention this is the first time I’ve really stuck to losing weight so maybe I’m spooked because I’ve never experienced a proper plateau.

I’m toying with the idea of going to my doctor but it seems a bit soon, so if anyone has any insight or experience with this kind of thing I’d be very grateful! I don’t have a real life weight loss buddy to compare stuff to and ask for advice so it would be great if anyone has any recommendations or hypotheses.

submitted by /u/hardly_sanctimonious
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EzcHzM

No comments:

Post a Comment