Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Tired of feeling invisible next to my friends

Hi! This is my first post here and ultimately going to act as an accountability post as I start this weight loss journey of mine.

I’m (25, F) sick of feeling invisible next to my beautiful friends. Obviously at no fault of their own, and they’re absolutely fantastic people, but it kills my self esteem whenever we’re out (not now since Covid, but still) and they have multiple men strike up a conversation with them, all of which start with, “You’re beautiful/gorgeous/hot/etc...”

I think it was made worse because I used to be a healthy weight for my height (5’6”, 145lbs) and used to do fine at bars as far as attention goes. But after going through a few bad breakups (relationships and friendships) over the course of 4 years, I steadily put on weight that now puts me at 208lbs. Food was definitely used as a comfort mechanism as well as being a “bored” eater.

I’m bummed with myself that I let it get to this point, but I’m so excited to work towards getting in shape and be all around healthier. And I’m so happy to have found this space to be surrounded by other people trying to change for the better as well!

SW/CW: 208lbs GW: 130lbs Pounds to go: 78lbs

Let’s do this!

submitted by /u/dontweighmedown
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lgA9CF

No comments:

Post a Comment