Friday, August 28, 2020

What was your first month like? What do you wish you'd known?

Hey everyone. I'm currently three weeks in to my first ever attempt to seriously lose weight.

It's a fascinating process. It involves a lot of learning–about nutrition, about food preparation, about personal psychology, about how to set up new routines and change longstanding habits that I didn't even know I had. I feel like I've learned more about personal health in the last three weeks than I have in the entire rest of my life.

I've had a range of challenges I didn't anticipate. Two days of incredible, mind-numbing tiredness. Moments of extreme hunger. Being shocked many times to learn which ingredients are calorie-heavy, and which ones are basically free. Learning how to space my meals in a way that works for me.

And I've also learned about a lot of the common experiences that we don't really know about until we start controlling our eating. I've had a rush of magical weight loss right at the start, then stagnation/gain for a week, followed by a surprising loss... and while experiencing those things I've learned about water weight, plateaus, and the "whoosh".

We hear a lot from people setting out on the first day of their journey, which is awesome. And we get a lot of inspiring reports of long-term progress. But what I want to know is–what was it like in your first few weeks, when you were transitioning from "today's the day I make a change" to "I have a long-term routine that's working for me"? What did you learn? What surprised you? What were the biggest challenges and how did you overcome them? What do you wish you knew?

submitted by /u/clesweat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3b8wpi7

No comments:

Post a Comment