Monday, August 31, 2020

Long time lurker, first time poster

I’ve spent the last year losing weight and trying to get healthy and I’m thrilled to say that that effort has resulted in me losing 96 lbs and this community was a big reason why that happened. I’ve been part of this subreddit for YEARS and never took any real steps to improve my health. It always felt insurmountable and I had more of less come to terms with being fat the rest of my life.

But I hit 30 a couple of years ago and I began to really feel the weight of my obesity. I could feel it in my joints and specially my back. I also wasn’t having any luck dating and I knew deep in my bones that it was because of my weight. Especially on dating apps, first impressions are everything, and I knew that I wasn’t giving off a good impression at all. So I knew for my physical we being and mentally health that something needed to change.

So I started reading more and more of the posts here. Seeing what did and didn’t work for people and what made sense for me. That, along with seeing a friend of mine find huge success with it, led me to CICO. I got a little obsessed with counting calories and changed a lot of my eating habits. I bought a scale and checked it weekly. I wanted to make sure I didn’t let my weight loss consume my every waking moment. I lost about 50 lbs just from cutting back and cutting out certain things. Then I added some light exercise (thanks Ring Fit Adventure) about 6 months ago to supplement my dietary changes and that helped push me to 96 lbs lost. I was hoping to reach 100 by the one year mark but those last couple of pounds are being stubborn. Thrilled with the results overall though.

It’s been a weird and good journey. A lot of highs and lows. I still feel “big” a lot of the time and have HUGE issues with body dysmorphia and probably will the rest of my life. But this is a change that was long overdue and I’m happy with my progress so far.

SW: 330 lbs CW: 234 lbs GW: 200 lbs

And here’s a before/after for ya!

before/after

submitted by /u/mercedesbens
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bl5nnS

No comments:

Post a Comment