Saturday, August 29, 2020

I’m gaining my weight back and I feel like a failure.

About a year and a half ago I started following with an endocrinologist with a specialization in weight loss. He prescribed me Saxenda because I have PCOS and he thought it would help. I dropped 40 lbs in a matter of a few months. I felt great and looked great.

Pretty much from day one I felt anxious about the prospect of gaining the weight back. I have always yo-yo’d and never thought I would be able to keep it off. After a year of keeping everything off I was starting to think that I had lost the weight for good.

Since quarantine I have slowly been gaining weight. I felt ok with the few extra pounds because I thought my weight was just leveling out. Then last month I took out my IUD because my husband and I want to get pregnant. That meant stopping my meds. I gained 10 lbs in about a month. I’m now 20 lbs up and I feel like such a failure.

Yesterday I told my husband we were going to start cutting back on carbs and paying closer attention to our meals. I went on a jog and we committed to going on daily walks with our dog. I feel motivated to turn this around but I’m devastated. My pants are tight and my thigh chafing has started returning.

I got this. I know I can do it. I’m just so disappointed.

submitted by /u/jaxwell2019
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hAn9Wp

No comments:

Post a Comment