Monday, August 31, 2020

How I break through my plateaus

So, this is my first post here, but I’m slowly nearing the end of my weight loss journey. I am a 20M standing at 6’0”. I used to weigh 300lb and now I currently weigh in at 183lb. I thought I’d share some experiences or information that have helped me through my journey so I can potentially help others.

Disclaimer: Don’t take any of this information as medical advice, this is just something I know works for me, and might work for you.

For me and I’m assuming many others plateaus can really be demotivating. However, for me I noticed they usually occurred after several months being on a strict diet. What I do to combat this is I have a pretty bad cheat day, usually around 4K calories, then the next day I eat around my maintenance calories 2.5k and then on the third day I go back to cutting at around 1.7k calories. Sure, my body will need to take a couple days to burn off those extra calories, but every time I do this, I always get right out of my plateau and back to losing weight regularly.

I wouldn’t recommend doing this if you know you can’t trust yourself to have a cheat day. I used to be the same, if I ate bad one day I would eat bad for the next 20 days. I also wouldn’t recommend this to people who aren’t strict about counting calories. This is because your plateau may be occurring because your slipping up on your diet a little bit.

However, if you know you have been counting calories strictly, and you are confident in your mindset this might give your body a little jumpstart. Hope this can help at least one person stuck in a rut.

P.S. after your cheat meal, you weight will likely jump 3-5 pounds, this is just water weight and will disappear approximately 4 days of strict dieting again.

submitted by /u/DarkLife115
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YOs0vP

No comments:

Post a Comment